Steele is a neighborhood and community school that is dedicated to student success and continually monitors academic progress. The staff works collaboratively to solve challenges and ensure that children are thriving.
Steele embraces engaging, collaborative learning. Steele also puts a special emphasis on writing with a dedicated, sequential program that helps children learn to communicate through the written word.
We offer after-school programs throughout the year including Cross Country. Our garden and mosaics offer beauty throughout the school environment.
If you need assistance with your TUSD technology, view our Resources page.
- For the safety of our students, please do not drop off any students before 7:15 A.M.
- Student drop off is ONLY permitted along the Sarnoff side of the school by the flag pole.
- No parking in the student drop off and pick up area.
- Parents are welcome to park and walk your students in using the south parking lot off of Kenyon.
Parents, when your child arrives to school after 7:45 AM you must escort them into the office to sign them in.
*** If you know your child will be absent, please call our attendance line at 731-6802 as soon as possible and let us know why your child will be out. This line has a voicemail that accepts messages 24 hours a day.***
*In order to minimize disruption to classrooms we are asking our families to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Any changes in student’s going home method to be called in no later than 11:30am.
- No signing students out after 1:45pm or 12:45pm on Wednesday.
- We ask that you allow them to release with their classes.
- Check out within 10 minutes of release creates a chaotic release environment and we appreciate your help in minimizing end of the day checkouts .